Anyone else a complete OFB (Oatmeal For Breakfast) addict?
Hi. My name is Annette. And I am OFB.
In this certain bowl of oats:
-1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
-1 cup water
-1/2 cup light vanilla soy milk
-1 Tb almond butter
-pinch of nutmeg
-1 Tb granola (on top)
-crumbles of a black bean brownie
What are YOUR favorite combos for an oatmeal bowl?
1. oats contain soluble fiber-this fiber dissolves in water/binds with water that gives a feeling of fullness
2. soluble fiber has been shown to help reduce the risk of heart disease and some cancers
3. oats are inexpensive, versatile, and delicious
4. oats can be used for breakfast, in cookies, as a bread crumb alternative to casseroles, in muffin mixes, an addition to protein shakes or smoothies, and eaten raw with milk
5. because of the fiber and protein naturally found in oats, oatmeal for breakfast is the perfect break-your-fast (get it?!) meal. It is also a perfect post-workout meal because of the carbs:protein ratio
6. Oats are portable, drinkable, easy to use, and economical
7. try to avoid the oats in a box--there is a lot of added sugar, chemicals, and additives your bodies don't need
8. old-fahioned oats are unprocessed and allow for a slower digestion and release of sugar into the bloodstream....allowing that feeling of fullness to last! No mid-morning snack needed.